ID:265105

I'm curious if anyone is making one of these?
hahaha I know it sounds like something a South Dakota person would make ...

but might be kinda interesting, like you have to manage your farm and feed your animals or otherwise a Animal Farm

would take place or something lol...

I don't know it could be interesting I'm sorry I'm really random...

Just a thought :)
Blackdeath's making that game, based on the snes game Harvest Moon.
In response to Deadman Walking
You might want to rent Harvest moon. I played Black Deaths version and its not the greatest.
In response to JordanUl
JordanUl wrote:
You might want to rent Harvest moon. I played Black Deaths version and its not the greatest.

I found Harvest Moon itself to be rather disappointing. The game is fun, and I'm getting all happy and moralised, and then 2 and a half years comes up (without my foreknowledge that the game ends at that point) and I get a 17% farm rating, a child, a message to "try harder", and a game over. The only thing said at the end that was even remotely encouraging to me was "Always be happy", by my wife (Ann, if anyone really cares =P).

What's bothering me most about it is that I'm stuck in a decision between desire to really beat that game this time around -- now that I understand how everything works -- and refusal to be insulted again if I don't meet the game's incredible standards.

I would have really preferred if the game would just let me continue playing, with my father checking in every third year during the summer and complaining a little if my farm isn't doing excellently. THAT I could live with. =P
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
I would have really preferred if the game would just let me continue playing,

Er, you can, can't you? My game must be broken. :p
In response to Vortezz
Er, you can, can't you? My game must be broken. :p

After two and a half years, the game was over for me!

Could be that my ROM was bad, since all it left me with was a picture of that damned sunset after it annoyed me for five minutes. =)
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
Could be that my ROM was bad, since all it left me with was a picture of that damned sunset after it annoyed me for five minutes. =)

Probably. I played on the cartridge :)
In response to Vortezz
just curious where does everyone get all their ROMS from ? I've been looking for a good site forever!!

In response to Jon Snow
Jon Snow wrote:
just curious where does everyone get all their ROMS from ? I've been looking for a good site forever!!

I just search randomly until I find a hit. If you were to ask me where I got any of my ROMs, I wouldn't be able to tell you simply because I don't remember. =P

I find it kind of amusing that the vast majority of the ROMs I have I also have on cartridge (by some peoples' definitions that is legitimate, but in actuality it is just as illegitimate as owning a ROM without the cartridge =P). Only a select few, like Ogre Battle, are not in my actual possession in hardware form.
In response to Spuzzum
which ones would you reccommend downloading(games that is)???
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
Probably. I played on the cartridge :)

Yup, you can only truly experience Harvest Moon in its cartridge form :P
In response to Jon Snow
http://www.cherryroms.com is a decent place. They are more legal than most rom sites, which is good and bad. You can't find some of the ones that the company hasn't given the go-ahead to release, BUT the games you can get, you can get knowing it's ok. But then again, the way I look at it: There isn't any way for me to buy those games anymore, if they were still sold at wallmart or babages, I'd have bought a billion SNES games instead of an XBox and 4 games ;) So if they aren't loosing money, it's not really a loss to them if I play their game for free ;)
In response to Spuzzum
Ogre Battle is great! I have it in tangiable form, and I loved it for quite some time.

-Lord of Water
I'm actually working on something like this along with my girlfriend... kind of like a longer-term project, definitely just the planning stage now, although I've got some test code for simple crops, and a nifty "overworld" map that zooms in on a particular plot of land (plots of land are 64x64 square maps... as you cultivate and build, a 2x2 icon on the overhead map alters to reflect your progress.)

The eventual idea is a persistent world, where players can claim a plot of land and develop it as they see fit, growing crops or raising animals or engaging in other enterprises.
In response to Jon Snow
I think game companies should sell ROM access to games for systems they don't make anymore. What's the harm in letting people play games you CAN'T make a profit off of anymore? They wouldn't be selling advertising rights or anything so they can still develop it that way or continue the series on another system.

I'll never understand why they are so apposed to it. I'd be willing to cough up some money to play the ROM's of those games legally. I don't want to rip them off of their hard work but it just seems so wasteful to leave good games unplayable because the creaters want to be jerks.

Anyway, Ogre battle rocks but it is very hard to get a good score. I can beat the game but people always hate me :p
In response to English
ya I totally agree why not just let us play the old games...
O and also games that have like a I and a II and III such as
diablo 1, and 2 they should just give diablo 1 out for free to entice people to buy the 2nd one since the 2nd one is usually far more superior.

In response to Lesbian Assassin
*coughs inconspicuously, and knocks over a bottle of plant-killer in farmer john's plot*

other interprises.... can we say growing pot I MEAN MAKING SOFTWARE!
In response to Jon Snow
not true not tue DIABLO 1 was BADASS Diablo 2 just left an awful taste in my mouth....