Battlefield 2 FTW!
In response to FuZzY DiCe
What servers do you play on?
EverQuest(rarely, and I only have a 10 ranger with this new account) EQ2 pissed me off.

Battlefield Vietnam(name: A Squirrel)

Battlefield WWII (I love the Pirates mod!)

Unreal Tournament 2004

Rise of Nations

Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War
(this game's like a better version of Star Craft)

Total Kingdoms Annihalation (I WISH someone still played this ancient RTS)

I wish my pc could handle Battlefield II, but unfortunatly I need a better video card...

Majesty and Northern Expansion (never gets boring!)
GunZ Online
UT2k4 demo
Warcraft 3
Warcraft 2 battle.net edition
Neverwinter Nights
Guild Wars
Sacred
Rise of Nations and expansion
Soldat
Free World
Little Fighter 2
Eternal Lands and Endless online (yuck! crappy attempts at MMORPGs)
Diablo 2
Tibia
Okay, Now we've got some names n' games we can start finding opponents! A nifty function of the forums is the 'view' all button at the top of the post view which opens up a page with all the replies displayed, using this you can use your browser's search function to find others who have your game!

An update on my part:
Diablo
Diablo 2
(No expansions)

Okay, so I'll do the above outlined method to find some players:
In IE:
Ctrl+F brings up the find box, I'll enter Diablo as seen as i've played a lot of that lately.
Results:
SSJ2GohanDBGT,
Shades,
RaditzX,
Theodis,
Kujila and
Zaole (graw).

A good haul methinks!

If any of you would like to set up a running group game, post a comment on my 'Slum Decks' blog entry, found here: http://members.byond.com/Thorg?command=view_post&post=2873 And i'll get back to you.

If anyone wants to set up sessions of any of my other listed games just e-mail me @ [email protected]
I have:

Absolutely NONE!

Nope, not a one, unless you count BYOND games or the MSN internet games that came with XP... I only have a small handful of PC games to begin with, and not a one is multiplayer... I've just never been a PC gamer...

I once had a copy of Unreal Tournament (way back in '99, whatever one was around back then), but it has since been mothballed on an old backup CD and never put back into my computer)

In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
To quote a philosopher who pontificated to himself:
"PC Games are like...Games....Which are fun and full of...fun."

PC games are a lot of fun, they are very flexible and give you more control than console games. An RTS played on a gaming console never stands up to one played on the PC. However, consoles are good for shooters and the ability to play with more than one person at a time without much difficulty. Consoles are easier while a PC allows for more control.

I don't feel like getting into this much deeper than that. I'm pretty shocked you don't play PC games though. Even if your PC is an old POS, go buy an old RTS like Total Annihalation Kingdoms, or TZAR. Or maybe an old classic like UPRISING or Oni.
In response to Rockinawsome
Rockinawsome wrote:
Total Kingdoms Annihalation (I WISH someone still played this ancient RTS)

Actually the name of the game is Total Annihilation: Kingdoms, and I own the game and used to play it with my friend. At first he used to mass me and kill me every time, but I got to the point that I beat him badly a few times. People still play it on Gamespy, I think, but they are very good and play the game way too much.

Computer games and console games are different experiences. Computer games give the advantage of a keyboard and mouse, online play, and better graphics. Console games usually are more rigid, but playing with a controller, on a TV with another person is hard to compare to playing a computer game online.

You can't really compare the two unless it's the same game, which sometimes even the same title will have different features on the PC version or console versions. One example is Halo for Xbox, the one for PC allowed online play, had added weapons and vehicles, and more customization. The PC version came out later, though.
In response to Justin Knight
Yeah, you're right I got the name wrong. Oops. And your right about people being insanely good at the game, there are statistics that break everything down for the game, but it's just rediculous to play with stats. When I play an RTS I don't want it to feel like homework. I want it to feel like a game. I think I have some trouble connecting to online games now (if their are any), but I could find out. If you ever want to play online and can host, feel free to let me know =p hehe.
I'd play online with you and I can host, you have AIM or something?
In response to Justin Knight
IndelibleSatire is my AIM. [email protected] is my email.
I actually dislike the more complex controls of PC gaming... I'd rather have everything I need at the touch of two fingertips (or, thumbtips, as the case is, with the occasional touch of an index finger on a shoulder button), than to have to fiddle around with countless keys, AND have to mess with the mouse at the same time...

Perhaps it's a lack of coordination on my part, I don't know... But I've just never liked it because it required too much "effort" (for lack of a better word) for playing a game...

I know that there are quite a few really good games on the PC that would probably lose quite a bit from being played on the console, but unless all of the necessary controls can be put onto a pad, I don't enjoy playing them...

And it definitely isn't for lack of a decent PC... This one could probably handle most of them very well (it's not geared for top-notch gaming, since I'm not a gamer, as I said, but it's got enough juice to handle them if I wanted to)

Heck, one of the reasons I make my BYOND games with complete HUD interfaces (even going so far as to remove most verbs, and not even allow macro control) is because I'd rather play a game using nothing but the mouse (and the arrow keys, actually, since they're a bit more convenient than clicking DS's arrow buttons), so I force that upon the players...lol
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
Heck, one of the reasons I make my BYOND games with complete HUD interfaces (even going so far as to remove most verbs, and not even allow macro control) is because I'd rather play a game using nothing but the mouse (and the arrow keys, actually, since they're a bit more convenient than clicking DS's arrow buttons), so I force that upon the players...lol

Which is evil, yes evil! Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should force it on others.

It gets annoying fast having to click buttons on the map view for communication, so I usually end up making macros such as ".click Worldsay"

However, I do agree that it gets annoying as well when a game spreads out commands all over the keyboard and I have to constantly shift around because I use the arrow keys, the mouse and the rest of the keyboard. I often end up pushing the wrong thing as I try to quickly shift back to a hand position that I need for the next few seconds. This is why I often like putting all the major commands as macros on the numpad. Unfortunately for me though, I now use a laptop without a numpad.
Diablo
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Populous: The Beginning
Starcraft

Contact info to set something up:
AIM: Loduwijk
email: [email protected]

Giants is one that'd be interesting to try multiplayer. I used to be awesome flying the Meccan copter around at full speed while weaving in and around the terrain and dodging missiles. Would be interesting to have allies holding on to take advantage of it too.

[edit]
*deletes last paragraph*
I have a new disk drive, so I should be able to play all my games again now. Bring on the fun.
On a side note there is a nifty instant messanger geared towards games called XFire(http://www.xfire.com). I haven't got much use out of it since I only have Scoobert on my list. It also keeps track of how much you play other games so you can have a better idea of how much of your life you waste playing games :).
In response to Theodis
But that doesn't work on enough games. The in-game messaging, which would be the most useful part, doesn't work in any that I play.
In response to Loduwijk
It works with newer high tech games like World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, and Americas Army. All the games on Xfire require pretty high specs, I think. I just checked the list and they have Guild Wars on there, which doesn't make any sense. There's already a built-in friends system.
In response to Thorg
My clan's server, Trinitygames.net WNx Strat Factory (70.86.91.10)
Page: 1 2