ID:259971

No, it's not that kind of signature you think it is.
Well, I used to add "Ol' Yeller" to the end of my messages, but I keep on forgetting! So, I got an idea: Some people like adding their name to the end of their message; could this be an option for BYONDmembers to have it automatically placed? And the options of "bold, italic, and underline"? Well, just a suggestion...

Ol' Yeller (Har, this time I didn't forget!)
Couldn't hurt. They cannot effect old posts though, otherwise we may start seeing double-signitures.
Augh. The last thing I want is custom forum sigs to start appearing all over. They're rather annoying and don't really serve much purpose.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Yeah, but I don't mean custom sigs.
I mean like this.
Would you like your name to be added at the end of your post?
[]Yes  []No
What characteristics would you like it to have?
[]Bold  []Italic  []Underlined

So all you can have is your name at the end.
[edit]
So, Lummox, you'd just click "Yes".
And, me, I'd click "Yes-Italic". :p
(I forgot:)

Ol' Yeller
hmmm...
I used to try to do that, but I also kept forgetting. I second the idea!
In response to Lummox JR
"No, it's not that kind of signature you think it is."

I don't think he meant a custom sig.
In response to Jamesburrow
I think a custom siggie would be reasonable, if it was limited to about 100 letters, and had HTML stricken from it (so no images could be displayed.)
In response to Flame Sage
Hmmmm...
Makes sense.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
I think a custom siggie would be reasonable, if it was limited to about 100 letters, and had HTML stricken from it (so no images could be displayed.)

Why? Nobody would read it- even if they had been bothered to read it the first time, they'd never want to see it again.

Really, do you feel having text at the end of your posts gives you personality and makes you into an individual? Express yourself through your BYOND games instead! :p
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
Express yourself through your BYOND games instead! :p

Or through the content of your posts. Then your entire post becomes a signature! =D
In response to Elation
You know, if custom signatures were enabled... there could always be a choice not to display them, for the people who don't want to read them. :P
In response to Hedgemistress
Hedgemistress wrote:
You know, if custom signatures were enabled... there could always be a choice not to display them, for the people who don't want to read them. :P

Thus rendering the making of a sig in the first place kinda pointless. ;) I dunno, it might be nice- it just seems a tiny bit redundant to me.
Gah, the avatars and signatures would turn this from the coolest forum to another one of those retarded ones. Next you're going to display how many times the post was viewed and posted, and how many posts each user has! This is so dumb.
In response to Crashed
You can already get an approximation of the number of posts someone has posted by doing an advanced forum search on them.
Why do you need one when you already have a name tag? Right above the post it says your name, we all know who you are.
In response to Elation
Well, I think the way Ol' Yeller is suggesting it is extremely redundant... just copying the keyname at the bottom of the post? People, I have a lousy memory, but I don't forget whose post I'm reading in the time it takes to scroll down to the bottom. :P

I don't understand what the hostiliy or disdain that people have for people tagging their posts. It's a pretty standard forum feature and one that allows people to add a bit of individuality to an otherwise "soulless" medium... and if there's an off-switch, the people who find it to be useless clutter could turn it off.
Lex, that's why I didn't want to suggest real signatures, people would jump all over my case. :p

But, I'm all in for your idea(s).
In response to DeathAwaitsU
Or just by clicking 'Posts' next to their name.
Hedgemistress wrote:
I don't understand what the hostiliy or disdain that people have for people tagging their posts.

I believe it stems from how someone always goes nuts with a half-page long animated sequence, which other people decide to compete with, which results in pages of all signature and little content.

I don't think early systems (or maybe even most systems today?) had a preference for turning off the signature, so the hatred built up.

I'd certainly be one of those who turned it off, based on my experience with such forums so far.
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
I believe it stems from how someone always goes nuts with a half-page long animated sequence, which other people decide to compete with, which results in pages of all signature and little content.

Right, but if you go with Flame's idea (100 character max-no html), you wouldn't have to worry about that.
And of course, give the moderaters the option of disabling someones sig if it is against the community standards or if it has nothing to do with BYOND.
Page: 1 2