ID:187055

One day I got board and decided to see if I could make a forum system and get it popular and used by many. I doubt this will ever happen though >_<

They are nearly ready for beta testing, so far I have done:
  • User login and registration
  • Moderation System
  • Message posting
  • Level Restrictions
  • Custom Themes
  • HTML in posts

• And what should be valid XHTML code when I upload it somewhere.

I plan on having it easy to customize, and have easy to install extensions for it. And most importantly fast and secure

Now what Im asking for is some suggestions on what I should add too it.

**EDIT**
    I am also currently stuck on the name for it. So far I have:
  • Short: ExBB Long: Extensible Bulletin Board
  • The reason behide this is because I plan of having it easy too extend on.
What kind of forum is it? What subject is it based on?
In response to Wizkidd0123
Its a forum system, not forums for stuff.

Like PunBB, PHP BB, PHP VB
Well actually if you could create a PHP forum system that was similar to the BYOND forums I think that'd be rather popular.
In response to Shun Di
I have an old BYOND spinoff source I was working on for a while and got bored
In response to Shun Di
Shun Di wrote:
Well actually if you could create a PHP forum system that was similar to the BYOND forums I think that'd be rather popular.

Why? The source to the forums has been released a long time ago. If people want the same forums as BYOND they will use the DMCGI source not some mock one in php.

~>Jiskuha
In response to Jiskuha
Yeah, if you can find a DMCGI host.

Advertisement!
Which Nadrew is, by the way!
Nadrew wants paying for his DMCGI host, and he's damn cheap too! Contact him NOW!
In response to Jiskuha
The thing is, the forums weren't done in DMCGI. They were ported to DMCGI. The source to these actual forums is still restricted to Mike and Tom, I believe.
Here are some screen shots of the forums I'm working on.

Board Index:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Profile View:

Control Panel:
In response to Smoko
Screenshots for a forum are like screenshots for a MUD.
In response to Mertek
What's wrong with screenshots of a mud?
In response to Artekia
What's wrong with screenshots of a mud?

Why not just save space and give a text dump :P?
  • Level Restrictions

• Really what is the point :P? I always get annoyed when for some reason I need to dig through another forum. They tend to be cluttered with all sorts of annoying things like this which serve absolutly no purposes and take up both screen space and my bandwidth. As I've stated in other posts the BYOND forums are by far the best forums I've ever used simply because the format is clean and concise providing only what's neccesary nicely. And why have various levels and restrictions other than a normal user and an admin? The last thing you need is to give people a relativly meaningless status which they judge each other by. Just look at all the times it pops up here when people think they are experienced simply because their key is a few years old.
In response to Theodis
Theodis wrote:
Just look at all the times it pops up here when people think they are experienced simply because their key is a few years old.

That's easy for you to say. Your Theodis2 key outdates most other keys. :|
In response to Mertek
That's easy for you to say. Your Theodis2 key outdates most other keys. :|

Well all keys but one and that is a tie :P.